There is a word that is resonating in my spirit: “SAVING”…why is this word ringing so loudly in my head?
This is the year for saving and preparation… just as the little squirrel packs in his nuts in preparation for the winter, we should do the same in the new year.
It is always a good idea to save and I do have a savings plan; however, the word “saving” is strongly resonating in my spirit for this year. Do you hear it as well?
If you do not have a savings plan or if you do not know where to start, here are a few tips to help you begin your savings plan*:
1) start small – any amount will eventually grow;
2) start with what you already have – never buy into the lie that you don’t make enough money;
3) be consistent – set a specific date to make a deposit and you will soon develop a habit of saving;
4) set a fixed amount – you will become accustomed to saving this set amount and then eventually you will be able to increase it;
5) don’t ever feel guilty about the size of the amount or if you failed to make a deposit;
6) watch your savings grow – nothing is more rewarding than growing from $0 to $1,000+ in a matter of months!!
*I am not a professional Financial Advisor, nor do I desire to be one. I am only sharing with others what works for me.