Join me and thousands of other vegans in @TheVeganSociety #PlateUpforthePlanet and accept my challenge for you to go #vegan for a week! http://www.vegansociety.com/plateup
Here’s a great breakfast recipe from vegansandra.com to get you started:
Chickpea and onion omelette
- 6 heaping tablespoons chickpea flour (it should be superfine, “Papa” flour and TRS gram flour are perfect for example)
- ½ teaspoon salt pinch of ground black pepper
- 16 tablespoons water
- 2 medium onions a big bunch of fresh herbs (dill, spring onions and basil for example)
- 4 tablespoons oil
- Mix chickpea flour with salt and pepper. Add water and mix until you have a creamy omelette batter. Add thinly sliced onions and chopped herbs. Mix everything together.
- Heat up some oil on a smaller pan. Scoop all the batter onto the pan and spread it out with a spoon so you have a nice round omelette.
- Cook for a few minutes (don’t cover the pan with a lid!). Flip the omelette over (use a thin spatula) and cook for a couple more minutes.
- Remove the heat. Let it cool a little bit, cut it and serve it on bread or as a side with your morning porridge or some other dish.
…and like I always say, “Eating a plant based diet may not extend your life, but it will enhance and improve the quality of your life.”
~Life Coach Babs